Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

SMR Queens, hygenic traits, Are the results in?

2K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Morierty 
#1 ·
I have been away from BeeKeeping for a number of years, I joined the Army and stayed 20+ years.

I'm back now. The Honey Co, I worked for, with their 7,000+/- colonies, is no more.. One of the first major ones (1989) to crash I assume. So I have been researching on what path to follow in re-establishing what used to be.

I have read almost all their is on the SMR Queens, as to their advertising and such. But what has the Public discovered about these bees? Is it worth my effort to invest in this trait of should I pursue the 4.9mm route. I have my Nucs on order and intent to re-queen this summer.

All responces of either opinion are greatly appreciated.

Morierty

------------------
If you are willing to Risk the Risk, Then you are willing to reap the rewards

#2 ·
WOW, never mind about the SMR's

Dee, I have not taken the time to read your stuff till today. I read it all twice just to make sure I understood, very intriguing, and I think it is worth my attempt to try it.

BTW did you mean to say the Bolling Bee in Alabama is selling the 4.9 package bees?

Going Natural in Tennessee

------------------
If you are willing to Risk the Risk, Then you are willing to reap the rewards

#3 ·
Bolling Bee is Booked for those of you interested. So you might have to do as I am going to have to do.

Purchase the big ones and work them down. Unless there is another source out there...

Morierty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.