Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Hi from Poland

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  efaure 
#1 ·
Hey,

I am quite new beekeeper. I use dadant frames and have 20 colonies. Started beekeeping 3 years ago to save my life from spending it all in front of computer :)

Also I wrote beekeeper manager http://apiaryfu.com it is free and comments welcome :)

Best,
Marek

#2 ·
Cześć Marek!
I live in a very Polish part of Wisconsin, in the northcentral part of the USA. At my son's school tomorrow they have "Polish days!" celebration! I live in a house built by two old Polish immigrants. So I'm happy to see you :)

If you are so new, how do you already have 20 colonies? That's a lot! I am new too, with only 4 colonies.
Welcome
Chris

#4 ·
Hi Chris,

> I live in a very Polish part of Wisconsin, in the northcentral part of the USA. At my son's school tomorrow they
> have "Polish days!" celebration! I live in a house built by two old Polish immigrants. So I'm happy to see you :)

We have immigration in blood I think. Even I spent 6 years in UK, but finally back home :)

> If you are so new, how do you already have 20 colonies? That's a lot! I am new too, with only 4 colonies.

I started from 4, then doubled it and doubled again :D My father is a joiner so I just need to buy wood for hives, that makes cheap start. Even tried successfully queen breeding last year, next week will do the same again, it is much more easy than you think.

Bees give so much excitement :)

Best,
Marek

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.