Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

New Master Beekeeper Student

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  BGhoney 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I'm a relatively new beekeeper who's enrolled in the Oregon State Master Beekeeper program (just finished my apprentice certification and am enrolled in the Journey level).
Right now I manage 3 hives - but may expand to 5 this spring if I have the time.
Looking forward to talking bees with everyone -
Thanks
Greg

#7 ·
Hi - I don't know if CA has a Master Beekeeper program. You might check with UC Davis or one of the other Ag schools as these programs are usually run out of one of the land grant institutions. Although some travel would ultimately be involved, I am pretty sure WA state allows the first year of their program to be done remotely.

#8 ·
Welcome Greg,
I just joined this site about a month ago myself. I too am in the Oregon Master Beekeeper program, only I'm at the apprentice level. I currently have 2 hives and things look good so far I'm hoping to do a split and make 4.
This is a great site, also check out the Oregon Beekeepers site ORSBA.ORG
Once I finish the apprentice level I want to enroll in the journey level. So far I'm learning quite a bit.
Eric

#11 ·
Welcome Greg, Washington has had a program for many years, I finished the journeyman about 4 years ago, gaining points slowly toward the master but not sure if I will ever fill all the requirements. May never get lab time a WSU. The programs are a great way to fill in the gaps in beekeeping knowledge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.