Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

swinger 100 vs 200

30K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  BEESERIOUS 
#1 · (Edited)
If you had to take a swinger would it be the 100 or 200? Anyone have any specs on these two? :scratch:

#9 ·
I had a 100 for 10-12 years and it served me well. I bought it used from a fellow beekeeper and it actually appreciated in value. It had a gas engine (continental) that was sensitive to tune ups so I had it serviced very regularly. It was a nice compact unit that easily fit into tight quarters I deal with in my storage building. The lift capacity suffered a bit but I could lift most things except full totes of syrup. I suppose I could have added more weight to keep it from trying to tip but bought a new lift before that point.

#18 ·
Thanks Trevor! Sure is a nice looking trailer and would be easier to get around with instead of
the car hauler type trailer that I use now. The car trailer does come in handy though for all the extra equipment/supers, etc and I usually leave 1-2 pallets of bees on the forks of the loader when I load up so I can haul more bees.

#21 ·
BEESERIOUS, I am thinking about making a trip to visit family in TN next winter so it might be a possibility that I could drive to FL and pick up 2 trailers.
That is if I could piggyback one on the other? Then you would only have to drive to North Idaho to pick it up!

Trevor, I would be interested in the link as well. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.