Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Mann Lake

16K views 29 replies 28 participants last post by  Kirk Osborne 
#1 ·
I recently placed an order for 1000 unassembled boxes from Mann Lake, with the special request that no handholds be milled on the short ends of the boxes (we groove the insides for partitions to make them 3-way mating nucs). An 8-hour drive was made up to their factory to pick up all the equipment, and upon returning home, realized that the short ends all had the handholds milled into them.
I got in touch with Chuck at Mann Lake and he immediately made arrangements to correct this. Long story short. Within a week, the factory had made new box ends w/o handholds and they were delivered for free.
Excellent customer service like this always impresses me and leaves a lasting impression.

#27 ·
Re: Mann Lake Goes the Extra Mile

Received my first wooden ware shipment from Mann Lake...supers and frames. Absolutely no comparison to other suppliers I've used. Mill work from ML is the finest I've seen so far. Mann Lake has probably become my sole supplier. And they have probably put my DIY projects out of business too. I can't build it myself for that price and quality and time savings. Factoring in the cost of shipping from the other guys, Mann Lake is much cheaper in the end, since they don't charge for orders over $100.

#28 ·

I am a hobbyist who bought $400 bucks of stuff with the thanksgiving 10% and free shipping. I didn't notice it then, but one of the items- an economy jacket was backordered and would be shipped when available. It is to my suprise that only 3 days later they ship the jacket at 10% pricing and free shipping- This goes far beyond my expectations- I hope they actually didn't lose money from selling/shipping the jacket by itself.

I'm going to buying everything from mann lake in the future

#30 ·

I just purchased over $1100 worth of equipment from them... I know that snot much compared to what some spend, but it is a big deal to me. 100% satisfied. There customer service and easy website have me hooked as a customer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.