Let's get this party started

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. honeyshack
    Jami, i see you are a rancher..cows? Breed?
  2. honeyshack
    I missed your last question. I am in what is known as the north interlake. They also call it the interlake, but most seem to refer to Gimli, Fisher Branch, that area as the interlake. We live up highway 6 about 2.5 hours north of the city
  3. Jami
    We have about 20 head plus calves, very much a mix - our "foundation" cow was a black angus Holstein cross, we kept most of her descendants and they are some of our best, also have a few Simmental, a few red angus, a couple Charolais...
    We also raise AQHA Quarter horses and Labrador retrievers.
    Sorry for a dumb question, but is Eriksdale in your area?
    Do you ranch/farm also ?
  4. honeyshack
    we are about 1 hour north of Eriksdale yet. Yes we do ranch. We have about 70 cow calf pairs. Mostly angus cross. Starting into forage seed production. If you are ever up this way, stop in
  5. Jami
    Thanks for that, we are actually out that way every once in a while to deliver a horse, and I will certainly take you up on your offer next time we're out that way
    By the way, you're probably the perfect person to ask - how much are you selling your honey for?
    This being my first year I'm trying to get as much feedback from as many people as I can to get a good idea of what I should be charging.
    This morning I calculated and figured and this is what I came up with -

190 ml hex glass jar - $4.50
    375 ml glass jar - $7.50
    500 ml glass jar- $10.00
    750 ml glass jar - 14.00
  6. honeyshack
    if you can get those prices good for you! Keep it up. From the farm i sell it for $2.50 a pound + the cost of container. If i travel to sales, i charge more because of the booth costs, and my time selling.
  7. Jami
    Okay, maybe these sound better

190 - $4.00
    375 - $6.00
    500 - $8.00
    750 - $11.00

I'm truly interested in your honest answers - you wouldn't have offended me if you had told me my initial prices were way to high
  8. Jami
    Okay, maybe these sound better

190 - $4.00
    375 - $6.00
    500 - $8.00
    750 - $11.00

I'm truly interested in your honest answers - you wouldn't have offended me if you had told me my initial prices were way to high
  9. Jami
    Oops
  10. Jonathan Hofer
    Hi there,

We're located near Elie MB. Been keeping bees since 2004. We've got about close to around 45ish hives. Just feeding and getting them ready for winter right now.

JH
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast