PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Bee suppliers

darrellva
04-06-2011, 09:29 AM
I seen TSMullins post and thought it was a good idea. I am heading to Sugar Creek Ohio tomorrow to spend a long weekend in the Amish country. I will be in Mt. Hope, Charm, Whooster, and everywhere inbetween those areas. Anyone know of any suppliers in these areas?

nortpete
04-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Simpsons bee supply is in Danville Ohio just south of wooster.

pturley
04-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Queen Right Colonies is in Spencer. Only about 25 minutes from Wooster.

Sincerely,
Paul E. Turley

indypartridge
04-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Consider stopping in Kidron at Lehman's Hardware - no beekeeping supplies, but it's worth the stop.

As you drive around Holmes & Wayne counties on the backroads, watch for small, handmade signs advertising beekeeping equipment. Some of the Amish make excellent, handcrafted equipment. There used to be a place off Kidron road, between Lehman's and Rt 30, but it's been 2 or 3 years since I was there.

Enjoy your trip! I grew up in that area (long ago!).

darrellva
04-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Indy

I been to lehmans several times I go up there twice a year and have for the past 5 years over the years we have made friends with some of the amish and go visit. Nothing like a good cooked amish meal. I am just starting beekeeping this year so the past times I been up there I have not looked for any beekeeping supplies just thought I would ask if anyone knew of any.

I enjoy this trip more then any vacation

giant pumpkin peep
04-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Justin Cheeseman is in mansfeild. Makes nice woodenware. Find "ohio woodenware" in the for sale section.

If you dont mind going of the path check out conrad hive and honey, but call them if your gonna stop becuase they might not be around this weekend. They are in canal winchester. They are brushy and kelly dealers. Make nice screened bottoms, and tops in house. And the mediums are all assembled very well.(im bias becuase I work there once a week, and asemble meediums)

Simpsons in danville as pevously stated is good one. Talking to carlton is always a good time.

In hiram there is blue sky, if someone hasnt already said that. They are a brushy dealer.

Hartz
04-06-2011, 07:25 PM
This is my neck of the woods! Just a few miles north of Lehmans is Eli's Bee Supplies. Just head north on Kidron rd 'til you see his sign. He's a great amish guy...makes his own boxes and frames. Definately stop and see him!

Hartz

darrellva
04-06-2011, 07:41 PM
hartz you got a address for him I can put it in the GPS lol how far from lehmans is he

Hartz
04-06-2011, 08:04 PM
13922 Arnold Rd, Dalton, Ohio 44681 Arnold Rd is about 3-4 miles north of Kidron or about 1 mile south of Rt 30. Go east on Arnold Rd about 1 mile. He is on the left (north). You will see his signs. Follow the drive all the way to the back. He doesn't have a phone...sorry.:D

KQ6AR
04-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Don't forget blue sky.

darrellva
04-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Hartz

I stoped by and seen Eli today you was right he is a great guy the wife was fighting mad when I finally made it back to the car over a hour later lol. I bought some bodys off him as well as some frames. I picked up one of his price list he is priced really well on his stuff and wish I would have had more time to spend talking to him. I will for sure stop by and see him again when I am back up here in Aug.

Thanks for the hook up

Cindy
06-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Queen Right Colonies is in Spencer. Only about 25 minutes from Wooster.

Sincerely,
Paul E. Turley

I Love to shop at Queen Right! I am hooked on the wax dipped hives that they make there. I am a newbie, but I see a huge difference between two hives started this year with the exact same type of bee's in the same place and the wax dipped hive is doing much better. I even removed one of my painted supers and replaced it with the wax dipped and the hive is now catching up. It may sound silly, but I even think my Bee's are Happier in the dipped hive:)
They are really helpful and they have the best prices that I could find.

Hope this helps,
Cindy