View Full Version : miller type feeder

04-23-2002, 08:02 PM
What is 1/8 inch hardware cloth. Is it like ordinary window screen. If it is different would window screen be ok to use for the miller type feeder?

04-23-2002, 08:25 PM

No. Hardware cloth is not like window screen, but I think screen wire could be used in place of 1/8" hardware cloth in the miller type feeder. If I'm not right on that, someone will correct me. 1/8" hardware cloth is the same "wire" that is used on most veils and on the boxes that package bees come in. I found some at my local hardware store. The wire crosses over each other and makes 1/8" square openings. Just watch what you try to use screen wire in place of hardware cloth. In cases such as screened bottom boards screen wire does not give a larg enough opening for the mites to drop through.

I hope this helps.

Billy Bob

[This message has been edited by BILLY BOB (edited April 23, 2002).]